Support in Your Language: Translation Tools for Helprace
Thu, 16 Jul 2015, in Releases
We’ve got two huge reasons to be happy today.
First, we’re announcing Helprace Localization – a crowd collaboration tool to translate Helprace into your desired language. Second, it’s the most popular suggestion by the number of support it’s gotten from our users.
That’s right – our most popular feature request to date has been to offer Helprace in different languages. Since the idea was tossed around a few months ago, we’ve been overwhelmed by the response rate and pleasantly surprised to see so many languages being suggested.
No matter what corner of the globe your business serves, the admin interface and support portal of your help desk will be tailored to your audience. Customers will find their answers quicker and your team will serve them better – what’s not to love?
One of the main reasons we’ve built Helprace in the first place is to leverage our user base for support and product innovation. It was a no-brainer to go with a similar crowd-sourced approach to translating Helprace. After all, the success of sites like Wikipedia wouldn’t be possible without the input of contributors from the world over. This is exactly why our team took great care to bring you translation tools that are as intuitive as they are impressive:
- Translation portal – This is where the magic happens. The translation portal is open to everyone including the general public, users, and staff members in your Helprace.
- In-app translation – It’s easy to translate words and phrases directly in the user or admin interface. No need to sift through menus or lines of codes (we’d never do that to you!).
- Contextual – Phrases and suggested translations are displayed in their entirety, resulting in quicker, higher quality translations.
- Collaborative – Anyone can do their bit and contribute to a translation of a language they’re most comfortable with.
- Vote on translations – A phrase can have many possible translations, but only one that’s most suitable. Voting speeds up this process.
- Admin approval – All edits are reviewed by our staff or language moderators before they are given the status of a completed translation.
It’s easy to contribute, whether you have a little or a lot to add. Many can collaborate on suggestions and edits, speeding up the translation process. And – since edits are regularly monitored by our language moderators, quality remains high. It’s a win-win for everyone involved.
How to get started?
Localization functions can be found under Branding in the Settings page of your admin panel. This is where you’ll be able to use the translation portal, in-app translation tools, and most importantly, change the language of your Helprace. See Translating Helprace to your language to learn more.